To own or ride a motorcycle with blazing speed may be one of your dreams. Now, just imagine you have enough money to make that dream a reality. In such a case, Which motorcycle would you choose? The fastest one right? Here the list of 11 fastest motorcycles in the world.
11 Ducati 1098S, 169 miles per hour
Ducati 1098S is one of fastest and most selling superbikes in the world. The 1099 cc engine with 160 HP power help to attain the maximum speed of 169 miles per hour, with the highest torque to weight ratio. The massive use of racing components and weight saving technologies also can see within Ducati 1098S. It is the lightest and fastest motorcycle from the company with much impressive suspension.
- 1099 cc liquid cooled L-Twin cylinder engine.
- Marelli electronic fuel injection.
- 6-speed transmission and dry multiple clutch with hydraulic transmission.
- Maximum power: 160 HP @9750 rpm.
- Maximum torque : 123 Nm@8000 rpm.
- Top speed : 169 miles per hour.
- 0 to 100 kmph : 3.2 second.
- Front brakes : 2*330 mm discs 4 piston calipers.
- Rear brakes : Single 245 mm disc 2 piston caliper
10 BMW K 1200S, 174 miles per hour
A hyper-sports touring motorcycle from BMW. It has an 1157 cc, 16 valve 4 cylinder engine, which generate power of 164 HP @ 10250 rpm. This motorcycle can reach a maximum speed of 174 miles per hour. It also has revolutionary suspensions and best brakes for stopping bike safely from blazing speed. This superbike also have very good design and look just like cars from the brand.
- 1157 cc DOHC, 16 valve 4 cylinder engine.
- 6-speed manual transmission.
- Maximum power : 164 HP @ 10250 rpm.
- Maximum torque : 129 Nm@8250 rpm.
- Top speed : 174 miles per hour.
- 0-100 kmph : 3 second.
- Front brakes: 2*320mm disc with 4 piston calipers.
- Rear brakes: single 265mm disc with two-piston caliper.
9 Aprilia RSV 1000R Mille, 175 miles per hour
The fastest superbike from Aprilia company. It features a 998cc V-twin engine, produce 141.13 hp @ 10000 rpm. This superbike can cross 0 to 140 kmph in just 10 second. The top speed of Aprilia RSV 1000R Mille is 175 miles per hour. This motorcycle also has stunning design and best quality seat.
- 998cc four stroke 60 degree, V-Twin engine.
- Liquid cooled cooling system.
- Multi-plate clutch and 6-speed transmission.
- Maximum power: 141.13 hp@10000 rpm.
- Maximum torque : 107 Nm@5500 rpm.
- Top speed : 175 miles per hour.
8 MV Agusta F4 1000R, 184 miles per hour
MV Augusta F4 1000 R is the second series of F4 1000 motorcycle from Italian manufacturer Agusta. It is a limited edition superbike from the company. This superbike has 1000cc, 16 radical valves liquid cooled engine. It can produce a maximum power of 174 HP and max torque of 115 Nm @10000 rpm. MV Augusta F4 1000 R can reach 0-100 kmph in 3.1 second and it’s top speed is 184 miles per hour.
- 998cc, 4 cylinder 16 radical valves, DOHC liquid-cooled engine.
- Maximum Power:174 HP
- Maximum Torque: 115 Nm @10000 rpm.
- 6-speed transmission.
- Top speed : 184 miles per hour.
- Front brakes : Dual 320mm disc with 4 piston radical caliper.
- Rear brakes:Single 220 mm disc with 2 piston radical caliper.
7 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R, 186 miles per hour
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R can cross 0 to 100 kmph in just 2.7 seconds. It’s maximum speed is 186 miles per hour. ZX-14R features a 1441 cc four valve liquid cooled engine. This superbike can produce a maximum power of 108 kW@ 10,500 rpm. For a decade, superbikes from Ninja series remained in the first position within the list of fastest motorcyles in the world.
- 1441 cc four valve liquid cooled engine.
- 6 speed transmission and wet multi-disc clutch.
- Maximum power : 144.83 hp@ 10,500 rpm.
- Maximum torque:162.50 Nm@11000 rpm.
- Top speed : 186 miles per hour.
- 0 to 100 kmph : 2.7 second.
- 0 to 200 kmph : 7.2 second.
- Front brakes : 2*310 petal discs, 4 piston calipers.
- Rear brakes : single 250 mm petal disc, 2 piston caliper.
6 Yamaha YZF R1, 186 miles per hour
Most impressive motorcycle from Japanese manufacturer Yamaha. The first motorcyle from this popular series came out in 1998. Now, 2015 R1 officially unveiled. New YZF R1 features 998 cc, liquid-cooled, 16-valve DOHC, in-line-four-cylinder, engine. It produces a maximum power of 197.3 HP @13500 rpm. The top speed of new Yamaha YZF R1 recorded at 186 miles per hour.
- 998 cc, liquid-cooled, 16-valve DOHC, in-line-four-cylinder, engine
- Fuel injection, 6-speed transmission.
- Maximum power :197.3 HP @13500 rpm.
- Maximum torque : 112.4 Nm@11500 rpm.
- Top speed : 186 miles per hour.
- Feature Moto Gp inspired electronic package for high performance.
- Standard traction control, quick launcher and advanced ABS system.
- Front Brakes : 320 mm hydraulic dual discs.
- Rear Brakes : 220 mm hydraulic single disc.
5 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird, 190 miles per hour
Honda CBR1100XX is the fastest sports tourer motorcyle from Honda till now. This series manufactured between 1996 and 2007. In 1997, Honda CBR1100XX held the title of the fastest production motorcycle by defeating the legendary Kawasaki ZX-11. It can hit a top speed of 190 miles per hour with a power of 152 HP ,1137 cc engine. The dual counter balancer shaft provide exceptional smoothness for this superbike.
- 1137cc, four-stroke, inline-4 engine.
- 6 speed transmission.
- Maximum power: 152 HP.
- Maximum Torque:119 Nm@7250 rpm.
- Top speed : 190 miles per hour.
- Twin balance shaft for exceptional smoothness.
- Front brakes : 310 dual dics with 3 piston calipers.
- Rear Brakes : 256 mm single dics with 3 piston caliper.
4 Suzuki Hayabusa, 194 miles per hour
Named after the Japanese name of Peregrine Falcon, the fastest bird in the world which flies at a speed of 203 mph. At a top speed of 194 miles per hour, the Suzuki Hayabusa could even reach close to Peregrine falcon. It is the fastest superbike from Suzuki. This ultimate Hayabusa superbike features a 1397 cc four-cylinder 16 valves, liquid cooled engine that produce power of 197HP@6750 rpm.
- 1340cc, four-stroke, DOHC, 4-cylinder 16 valves engine.
- 6-speed constant mesh transmission.
- Maximum power:197 hp@9500 rpm.
- Maximum Torque : 155 Nm@7200 rpm.
- Top speed : 194 miles per hour.
- 0 to 60 mph : 2.5 seconds.
- Idle Speed Control System to keep engine stable in different conditions
- Advanced fuel injection system from Suzuki for high combustion efficiency.
- Front Brakes : 2*310 mm discs, Brambo, monobloc radial-mount calipers.
- Rear Brakes : Single 260 mm disc with Tokico caliper.
3 MTT Turbine Superbike Y2K, 227 miles per hour
A non-production motorcycle Marine Turbine Technologies which is recognized as ‘the most powerful production motorcycle’ by Guinness book of world records. To be specific, Turbine superbike Y2K is a wheel-driven motorcycle with a turboshaft engine that manufactured between 2000 and 2005.
This motorcycle has been designed to extract the heat energy from the exhaust and convert it as output power. It features Rolls-Royce 250-C18 turboshaft engine that produce a maximum power of 320 HP @ 52000 rpm. The top speed of Y2K superbike has been recorded at 227 miles per hour.
- Features Rolls-Royce 250-C18 turboshaft engine.
- 2-speed semi-automatic transmission.
- Maximum power : 320 HP@52000 rpm.
- Maximum Torque : 576.5 Nm@2000rpm.
- Top speed : 227 miles per hour.
- Front Brakes : 2*320 mm dics with 4 piston brembo calipers.
- Rear Brakes : Single 320 mm disc with 4 piston caliper.
2 Kawasaki Ninja H2R, Over 249 miles per hour
The hypersport Kawasaki is the fastest production superbike till date. The 300 H.P supercharged Ninja H2R can hit over 249 miles per hour. This unbelievably powerful machine features 998 cc supercharged DOHC inline-4 engine.
Kawasaki also used trellis frame for the first time on Ninja H2R. It provides strength and better control to this motorcyle. Inspired by MotoGp and F1 racers, Kawasaki also included dog-ring transmission which provides fast, smooth shifting.
- 998 cc supercharged DOHC inline-4 engine with 300 H.P power.
- 6-speed dog-ring transmission.
- Highly efficient Kawasaki supercharger to acquire incredible acceleration.
- World-class KYB racing suspension.
- Maximum Power : 310hp@14000rpm.
- Maximum Torque : 156 Nm@12500rpm.
- Top speed : Over 249 miles per hour.
- Front Brakes : 2*330 mm , dual-semi floating, radial mount dics with 4 piston calipers.
- Rear Brakes : 250 mm single disc with opposed 2 piston calipers
1 Dodge Tomahawk, 420 miles per hour
At top speed of 420 mph, the Dodge Tomahawk is the world’s fastest motorcycle ever produced. This ultimate superbike was unveiled by Dodge in 2003. According to the reports, only 9 of this motorcycle has been sold yet. Dodge Tomahawk features 8.3 liter, V-10 SRT 10 Dodge Viper engine. It can produce a maximum power of 500 HP. Unlike other superbikes, Dodge Tomahawk has a four wheels – two front wheels and two rear wheels. Surprisingly, Tomahawk could cross 0 to 60 mile in just 1.5 seconds.
- 8.3 liter, V-10 SRT 10 Dodge Viper engine
- 2-speed manual transmission
- Maximum power : 500 hp@5600 rpm.
- Maximum Torque: 712 Nm@4200 rpm.
- Top speed :420 miles per hour.
- 0 to 60 miles : 2.5 second.
- Rear brakes: Dual 508 mm 16 piston discs.
- Front brakes: single 508 mm 8 piston discs.